Monday 31 May 2021
Saturday 29 May 2021
Some last additions to my Riverguard Deep Army. Bringing the total to 3000 points here are some giant frog swarms and a fourth Froghemoth!
And lastly the new Froghemoth, the mother of all Froghemoths... An even crazier model if that is possible. I don't like it quite as much as the other ones, and it is less poseable compared to them. However, you are allowed four Froghemoths at 3000 points so thought I'd add this huge Momma Froghemoth for big games! :)
Wednesday 26 May 2021
Sunday 23 May 2021
It is done, my new Kings of War Trident Realm Riverguard Army is finished. 2500 points of frogs!
- RiverGuard Flesh: GW Moot Green washed with Vallejo Green Ink and highlighted with Moot Green.
- Dambuster Frogs: Vallejo Black Green, drybrushed with Vallejo Deep Green, washed with Army Painter Strong Tone Wash, drybrushed with Vallejo Intermediate Green.
- Depth Horrors: Vallejo Black Green, drybrushed with Vallejo Uniform Green, washed with Army Painter Dark Tone Wash, drybrushed with Uniform Green again, and then Vallejo German Camo Light Green.
- Froghemoths: Vallejo Deep Green, drybrushed with Vallejo Goblin Green, drybrushed with GW Moot Green, washed with Vallejo Green Ink, drybrushed with Moot Green.
- Shields: Vallejo Refractive Green, drybrushed with mix of Refractive Green and Ochre Brown.
- Brown: Vallejo Leather Brown, highlighted with Bestial Brown. Wash with Army Painter Strong Tone Ink.
- Yellow Ochre: Vallejo Ochre Brown, highlighted with Vallejo Yellow Ochre.
- Stone: Vallejo Azure, drybrushed with Vallejo Pale Grey Blue
- Bronze: Vallejo Bright Bronze, washed with Vallejo Strong Tone Wash.
- Pink: Vallejo Warlock Purple Crimson highlighted with Vallejo Squid Pink, washed with Army Painter Softtone wash.
Army Unit Review
First up the Riverguard TreeLeapers. These are metal models that require quite some assembly, but I think they look great and worth the bother. I have painted up two regiments and two troops (so far). With the two handed weapon upgrade packs it was challenging even to fit a dozen models on the base. They would be an absolute nightmare to rank up if not multibased. Even multibasing was something of a jigsaw puzzle!
Here are the two Troops. These I did with half the models with the javelin quivers in case I want to use them as standard shooting Riverguard rather than TreeLeapers.